Have you added Christmas decorations to your classroom yet? Get your students in the holiday spirit with this simple Hand Print Wreath!
- Green construction paper
- Red construction paper
- Paper plate
- Yarn or ribbon
Let’s Do It!!
- Cut a circle from the center of the paper plate so it looks like an “O”.
- Have the students place their hand on the green construction paper and trace the outline of their hand.
- Cut out the hand print. Use this as a template to trace and cut more hand prints. You will need to cut approximately 16-18 hand prints.
- Glue the hand print around the paper plate with fingers pointing away from the center.
- Glue the rest of the hand prints to the paper plate until it makes a full wreath.
- To make the berries, take the red construction paper and trace small half inch red circles. You will need approximately 10-15 red berries.
- Cut out the red berries.
- Glue the red berries onto the green paper hand prints.
- Carefully poke a hole at the top of the wreath and hang it with a piece of yarn or ribbon.
- Use the rest of the red construction paper to trace and cut out a bow. Glue on to the wreath (optional).
Recommended for Grades 1-5
From Teacher Created Resources, #3198 Creative Kids: Art for All Seasons