This is a simple, easy-to-use product for teachers of young children. This 208-page book includes 190 engaging, age-appropriate lessons for exploring the numbers 1 to 10 and number concepts including one-to-one correspondence, addition, and subtraction. Students will learn to recognize, trace, and write numbers from 1-10. They will practice counting objects using manipulatives and reinforce what they have learned using the worksheets provided.
Why is this book better than others on the market?
- The worksheets are arranged sequentially to enable students to keep building on existing knowledge. Teachers do not have to flip around looking for appropriate lessons. Just start at the beginning and work through the book.
- The first series of pages is teacher directed and focuses on a very important skill-following directions. Once students are comfortable following directions, they progress in the following sequence:
- One-to-One Correspondence
- Numbers 1-10
- Addition Practice
- Subtraction Practice
- Plus, Minus, and Equal Signs
- There are numerous activity sheets provided to solidify each skill, not just one quick review page. Students progress from tracing numbers to writing them and from counting concrete objects to counting objects depicted on a page.
- The worksheet pages maintain a similar format throughout which enables students to focus on the concept being explored not a new set of directions to interpret.
- Pages are easy to complete using pencils or crayons, scissors and glue.
- Picture card manipulatives and number cards are included.
*Teachers can buy one book for the classroom and make copies of the pages, or a book can be purchased for each student!