Grade 1- 3
Students will learn the Spanish words for parts of the face and head.
- Using brightly colored paper, trace the designs from the next page onto poster board or construction paper and cut them out.
- Choosing from the word list below, write the Spanish word for the matching body part on one side of the paper. On the other side, write the English word for that same part.
- Fold down the tabs over the hanger and tape them to the back of the hair to secure it to the hanger. Punch a hole in the top of the ears, eyes, mouth, and nose. Then hang each with string from a coat hanger to make a cheerful face that will help you learn the Spanish words.
- You can add color to the mobile by covering the hanger with yarn.
Play "Simon Says" in Spanish.
- "Simon says" is Simon dice (see-moan' dee'-say) in Spanish.
- "Touch" is toca (toe'-ka) in Spanish
- The names of the body parts require articles.
| la cabeza
| la nariz
| el ojo
| la boca
| el pelo
| la oreja
- brightly colored construction paper or poster board
- hole punch