Science, Life Science
Grade 5- 8
Students will . . .
- virtually observe different types of animals.
- record their observations.
- describe relationships among animals.
This activity is a good introduction to a survey of animal types. If there is time, encourage students to explore the zoo again after they finish their virtual snack.
Have the class do additional research to determine which of these organisms is endangered. Have them take a map and mark the areas where these animals are found and where, if anyplace, they remain in the wild.
- computer with Internet access
- pencil or pen
- copies of the activity page (see the link below)