Science, Life Science
Grade 5- 8
Students will . . .
- examine the relationship between tree shape and survival.
- design trees for specific environments.
- analyze the results of placing their trees in the environments.
Hold a discussion of different types of trees prior to this activity to help students with the first steps on the activity page. This lesson can be integrated with an ecology or plant-related unit. Be sure that students go back in the game and try more than one type of tree.
- computer with Internet access
- pencil or pen
- copies of the activity sheet (see the link below)