Language Arts, Writing, Writing Process, Mathematics
Grade 5- 8
Students will use the Internet to make an in-depth study of the biographies of three mathematicians. Students will use the Internet to find out which mathematicians have the same birthday as they do.
- This lesson can be integrated with applicable social studies lessons.
- There are numerous Web pages about the history and people of mathematics. The student activity sheets list several good "jumping off" points for students to begin searching.
- In-depth biographies can be found on some of the specialized Web pages instead of the broad historical pages.
- For the regional research and biography sections, let students work in pairs or small groups.
- computer with Internet access
- poster board
- copies of the activity pages (see the link below)