- What happened to the Mary Celeste?
- Was Mozart murdered?
- Who was the Man in the Iron Mask?
Challenge students to explore several important unexplained events that helped shape history. Students use primary source materials, posters, and simulations to find clues and to make informed decisions about these events. There are no "right" or "wrong" answers. These real-life mysteries encourage students to research, think, debate, and form conclusions.
The activities target standards in these areas:
- relationships and patterns in history
- historical perspective
- map skills
- functions of law in society
- development of civilizations
- presentation skills