Critical Thinking for Multiple Learning Styles [Book/E-book Bundle]
4th - 8th Grades
- 176 pages
- Product ID: TCR3400
- In Stock
Every classroom is made up of students who have different learning styles. Critical Thinking for Multiple Learning Styles is designed to help teachers connect with each and every student:
Critical Thinking for Multiple Learning Styles
- Word Players love to read and write. They're at home in the library, and games like Scrabble and Taboo appeal to them.
- Questioners excel in math and science classes. They like to analyze and look for patterns, and their personal heroes are people like Bill Gates or Marie Curie.
- Visualizers are drawn to images and colors. They create cartoons and invent unusual gadgets.
- Movers enjoy physical activities. Games, skits, and demonstrations are the types of activities that appeal to them. Hands-on learning works well with movers.
- Naturalists view the world around them as their classroom. They are fascinated by plants and animals and outer space. They are natural observers.
- Music Lovers' worlds revolve around music and dance. Mnemonics prove useful to them when it comes to memorization.
- Socializers thrive on social contact. Collaboration and communication are the keys. Activities such as interviews, debates, and simulations really tap into their learning strengths.
- Individualists tend to be self-motivated thinkers. They prefer self-assessment projects, and they flourish with computer work and essays.
offers a multitude of lessons and activities that address the specific needs of each of these types of learners. Warm-up activities prime students for learning, and brain puzzlers keep them thinking creatively. Higher-order-thinking (HOT) strategies are stressed, as lessons focus on hands-on learning, collaboration, and real-life problem solving and decision making.